A BIT OF HISTORY
The hotel “Villa Adele”, as was once called, started up as accomodation structure in 1957. The previous building has been completely renovated as can be seen by the pictures. It had only 14 rooms available.
The hotel was once run by the owners Adele and Fortunato Mevio until 1986.
The socioeconomical framework of Bormio of that time was essentially different from the present-day standard. The economy was once based on agriculture, cattle-breeding and handicraft-activities. This was the beginning of what was to become the full expansion of tourism in the area. A tourism that was essentially focused on the winter season, but with good occupations of mountain-lovers also during the summer season.
Now the daugthers Silvana and Maria Luisa manage Hotel Adele, offering their guests a warm and friendly hospitality according to their family tradition.